Preventex® wood sealing products act as a team to incapacitate and inhibit the growth of microorganisms. First is the penetrating primer which stops existing growths and leaves behind a residual micro-biotic. The primer also chemically locks into the wood. The Top-Coat then seals the biocides into the substrate and creates a continuous film repellent surface.
SUB FLOORS DECKS
SIDING FLOOR JOISTS
- The only product with a continuous - film repellent
- Low odor - negligible VOC's
- Self leveling
- Contains non-toxic fungicide, biocide and algaecide
- No blistering, cracking and peeling
- Soaking water resistance
- Water and 70% IPA repellent
- Gas ,oil and caustic resistant
- UV blockers
- Can be low temperature baked for quick cure
- Cleanup: detergent and water
- Shelf life is up to 6 months
- Preventex products have excellent performance in both high and low temperature environments.
- Preventex sealers stop over 60 family groups of specific fungus organisms to include interior and exterior species. Inhibits most types of algae, mildews and bacteria associated with staining of wood, painted walls, siding shingles, bricks and concrete surfaces.
- Other features can be added on request such as color and fire retardant.
|Preventex® Wood Sealers typical properties --- specifications|
|% solids by weight||Top Coat 102 42.6% +/-2
primer 100 21% +/-1
|pounds per gallon|| top coat 8.6 lb.
primer 8.5 lb.
|viscosity, centipoise #3 spindle, 100 rpm, 70f 12,000 cps||26+4.0|
|odor||low to none|
|VOC's|| volume: 7.2 oz./gal.
weight: 192 gm./gal.
|dry time|| touch 30 minutes
re-coat 30 min. - 3 hr.
full cure 3 - 7 days
|average film thickness|| primer: 2 -4 mils.
top coat: 2-8 mils.
combined: 4-10 mils.
|tensile||3000 to 6000 psi|
|compressive strength||6000 psi|
|% elongation after cure||5% to 10%|
|gloss||95 - 100 @ 60 degrees without matting|
|UV resistance||excellent - no yellowing or chalking. set for 5 years.|
|abrasion resistance||comparable to moisture cured urethane, but sandable|
|shelf life||Guaranteed 6 months|
WonderChem, Inc. warranties that if any goods supplied prove defective in workmanship or material it will be replaced.